Tanager is an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunity. Our process builds on years of technical expertise, on-the-ground presence and public/private partnerships to unite economic growth with social innovation. Together, we are ushering in an era of equitable market systems that combine profitability with the power to address urgent challenges in poverty, malnutrition, and gender inequity.
Tanager provides a full range of services to co-create healthy markets that benefit all participants:
Connect: Tanager connects people and partners to bridge stakeholder divides, expand market access, and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities. We bring the right people to the table and make sure every voice is heard, linking smallholder producers to major consumer brands and everyone in between.
Analyze: Tanager combines technical expertise and business perspective to assess markets, analyze supply chains, and pilot new technologies and tools. We test promising business models and shed light on issues critical to market success. We advance research vital to emerging economies. Our analytical approach helps us identify variables early on, which saves time and money in the long run.
Implement: Tanager is a flexible implementing partner with a track record of delivering results in complex, dynamic environments. We drive ambitious initiatives to the finish line with a clear roadmap and the right resources at the right time and place. Our global expertise and on-the-ground presence brings last-mile experience crucial to sustainable market solutions. Clients know they can count on us to keep our word and see things through.
People & Values
It takes bold hearts and resourceful minds to change the world. Our mission attracts high-caliber professionals who are dedicated to the work we do and the way we do it. We take risks, roll up our sleeves, and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We listen, learn, and adapt rapidly, without losing sight of our end goal or the momentum needed to reach it.
We are a networked team that supports each other. We live our mission and exhibit and embrace the following values:
- Make choices using sound thinking, intelligence, and experience.
- Be honest and ethical in everything you do and say.
- Set high standards and learn from your mistakes to continually improve.
- Trust your teammates’ capabilities and intentions.
- Build strong connections with our partners and communities to achieve results.
- Work as a team with everyone at the table and reach out for input as well as advice.
- Measure success, not by the boxes we tick, but by the real difference you make in people’s lives.
- Strive to achieve equilibrium in all you do.
- Exercise perspective and prioritize what is important.
- Align the interests, expectations, and needs of those we work with.
- Balance seriousness with humor and levity, and our work with our personal lives.
- Ask, evaluate, innovate, and apply to deliver the best result for all.
- Be agile, efficient, and adaptable in your relationships, processes, and work.
- Take what we’ve learned and adapt to each new situation.
The Project Assistant serves a vital support role for the team and will work with US-based and international staff on all aspects of the business including project management, proposal development, and corporate initiatives. As a networked team, the Project Assistant will work with multiple staff members and be expected to manage a dynamic and quick-paced work environment that requires flexibility, discernment, and a sense of humor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in human resources-related duties for projects including: draft scopes of work for staff and consultants and complete requests for letter of assignment process for hired consultants
- Prepare and submit procurement documentation
- Prepare and submit payment requests for goods and services
- Complete travel arrangements, including related visas and documentation, for staff and consultants
- Prepare, submit, and/or review expense reports and travel advances
- Collect approval signatures as necessary for internal and external documentation
- Provide assistance in preparing, distributing, and filing documents both physically and electronically
- Assist in the preparation and review of internal and external reports
- Assist in compiling, editing, and distributing project updates
- Work with project teams to highlight activities and results to package and share on external channels
- Assist upload and management information on company website
- Assist managing company social media accounts
- Coordinate logistics for HQ-based events
- Arrange meetings for internal staff and external clients
- Complete travel arrangements, including related visas and documentation, for staff
- Assist President to create, review, and finalize internal and external presentation
- Prepare any external mailings
- Provide administrative and clerical assistance to proposal teams; examples include formatting CVs, collecting documents, assembling proposals
- Under guidance, develop elements of the proposal budget
- Under guidance, serve as a proposal coordinator on new proposals
Other duties as assigned by your supervisor