Tanager is an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunity. Our process builds on years of technical expertise, on-the-ground presence and public/private partnerships to unite economic growth with social innovation. Together, we are ushering in an era of equitable market systems that combine profitability with the power to address urgent challenges in poverty, malnutrition, and gender inequity.
Tanager provides a full range of services to co-create healthy markets that benefit all participants:
Connect: Tanager connects people and partners to bridge stakeholder divides, expand market access, and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities. We bring the right people to the table and make sure every voice is heard, linking smallholder producers to major consumer brands and everyone in between.
Analyze: Tanager combines technical expertise and business perspective to assess markets, analyze supply chains, and pilot new technologies and tools. We test promising business models and shed light on issues critical to market success. We advance research vital to emerging economies. Our analytical approach helps us identify variables early on, which saves time and money in the long run.
Implement: Tanager is a flexible implementing partner with a track record of delivering results in complex, dynamic environments. We drive ambitious initiatives to the finish line with a clear roadmap and the right resources at the right time and place. Our global expertise and on-the-ground presence brings last-mile experience crucial to sustainable market solutions. Clients know they can count on us to keep our word and see things through.
People & Values
It takes bold hearts and resourceful minds to change the world. Our mission attracts high-caliber professionals who are dedicated to the work we do and the way we do it. We take risks, roll up our sleeves, and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We listen, learn, and adapt rapidly, without losing sight of our end goal or the momentum needed to reach it.
We are a networked team that supports each other. We live our mission and exhibit and embrace the following values:
- Make choices using sound thinking, intelligence, and experience.
- Be honest and ethical in everything you do and say.
- Set high standards and learn from your mistakes to continually improve.
- Trust your teammates’ capabilities and intentions.
- Build strong connections with our partners and communities to achieve results.
- Work as a team with everyone at the table and reach out for input as well as advice.
- Measure success, not by the boxes we tick, but by the real difference you make in people’s lives.
- Strive to achieve equilibrium in all you do.
- Exercise perspective and prioritize what is important.
- Align the interests, expectations, and needs of those we work with.
- Balance seriousness with humor and levity, and our work with our personal lives.
- Ask, evaluate, innovate, and apply to deliver the best result for all.
- Be agile, efficient, and adaptable in your relationships, processes, and work.
- Take what we’ve learned and adapt to each new situation.
In India, Farmer Producer Organizations hold enormous opportunity to alleviate poverty and improve gender equity in smallholder farming communities. Although the Government of Odisha has established agricultural policies that create opportunities for FPOs to achieve profitability and sustainability, FPOs are very nascent in the state and lack the capacity to operate effectively in the FPO ecosystem.
Through the PSFPO project, Tanager will support the Government of Odisha to roll out its FPO policy. Tanager will work to build an inclusive, collaborative ecosystem through the application of integrated strategies targeting both the enabling environment and FPOs directly. The approach will serve as a replicable model to scale up the effectiveness of FPOs as viable economic actors in that ecosystem.
The FPO/FPC Officer will be responsible to develop and establish the administrative, accounting, governance and other procedural systems. The FPO/FPC officer will support the FPO/FPC members by linking the FPO to markets for improved income generation for farmers, besides exploring alternative business opportunities for FPO/FPC for increased revenue generation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize capacity building programs for the board members and members of different committees towards improving governance, business development planning, financial management, marketing etc.
- Ensure timely updating of all FPO ledgers and records.
- Assist the Board in formulation of goals, strategies, plans and policies;
- Ensure legal and other statutory compliances
- Develop and implement effective strategy for enhancing FPO membership.
- Oversee formation of various committees (Marketing, Finance, Audit, etc.)
- Oversee regular meetings and ensuring the financial audits.
- Oversee capacity building programs for FPO members towards adoption of GAPs, Extensions services/advisory, Financial literacy, etc.
- Explore alternative business opportunities for FPO/FPC for increased income generation and guide them in establishing such ventures.
- Establish Community Resource Persons (CRPs) for providing extension and other services to the FPO members.
- Develop rapport with the Communities, Government authorities and Other FPO stakeholders.
- Diploma in Marketing Management / Agribusiness Management or in relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in agricultural marketing, Agri-input supply and sales. Working with FPOs will be added advantage.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Internet, Online Form Filling
- Good communication skill in English & Regional Language
- Working in team, Willingness to travel, Negotiation Skills, Leadership and managerial skills, manage stress and pressure.
Please submit a resume to IndiaRecruitment@tanagerintl.org no later than May 17, 2022. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Tanager is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.