Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives. Working closely with our partners, we align interests to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities. Established in 1993, we work with the ACDI/VOCA family of companies to make agriculture work better for people. We offer a focused and diligent team of locally based experts and international advisors who work with our partners to reach common goals.
For more information, please visit www.tanagerintl.org.
About the IGNITE Project
Impacting Gender & Nutrition through Innovative Technical Exchange in Agriculture (IGNITE) works with African institutions to design, implement, and evaluate nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated agriculture interventions. IGNITE also strengthens the ability of African institutions to incorporate nutrition and gender equality into their policy priorities and business practices—their way of doing business. Based on the interventions implemented by IGNITE clients, IGNITE identifies key mechanisms and drivers of demand for the scale up and replication of nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated interventions. IGNITE activities are targeted in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania. Clients include NGOs, private sector companies, and government bodies.
- Strengthen African institutions to integrate nutrition-sensitive and gender-integrated approaches into their agriculture interventions and their way of doing business.
- Identify models that demonstrate ways of effectively and efficiently increasing both equitable consumption of safe, affordable, nutritious diets year-round and increased women’s empowerment in agriculture.
- Cultivate network of local service providers [LSP] to reach greater nutrition impact and gender equality in agriculture through ongoing technical assistance
Scope of Work
Tanager is seeking to hire an experienced tax consultant to conduct an institutional tax health check, advise on tax-related risks and opportunities, quantify any liabilities arising, and apply for penalties/ interest waivers.
There were pending reconciling items on Tanager’s I-Tax account where payment for monthly income tax withholdings were not appropriately allocated against tax liabilities on the tax ledger thereby accruing system calculated penalties and interest. A consultant with experience in tax matters resolution will apply for waiver of penalties and follow up with KRA to resolve this issue.
Tanager is keen to ensure that it is fully compliant with the Kenya tax laws and regulations and would therefore like to engage the services of a tax consult to conduct an assessment/review of its activities and financial records to assess the level of the Organization’s compliance with the various tax laws.
The consultant will also advise on the strategic considerations, benefits, limitations, of obtaining a tax exemption certificate and to provide guidance on the application process to the management of Tanager and the board of directors.
- Reconciled I-tax ledger with zero liability.
- Tanager tax health report with clear recommendations
- A comprehensive report to guide Tanager on the tax exemption application process, outlining benefits and shortcomings.
- Tax professional (with above 5 years of experience)
- Qualified CPA (K), ACCA, ACA, or equivalent professional qualification
- Be a member of ICPAK In good standing.
- Attached to a Tax/Audit/Accounting firm with experience in tax compliance and advisory services.
- Have a valid tax compliance certificate.