Tanager is an international nonprofit that connects smallholder producers and private businesses to co-create new ways of realizing life-changing economic and social opportunity. Our process builds on years of technical expertise, on-the-ground presence and public/private partnerships to unite economic growth with social innovation. Together, we are ushering in an era of equitable market systems that combine profitability with the power to address urgent challenges in poverty, malnutrition, and gender inequity.
Tanager provides a full range of services to co-create healthy markets that benefit all participants:
Connect: Tanager connects people and partners to bridge stakeholder divides, expand market access, and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities. We bring the right people to the table and make sure every voice is heard, linking smallholder producers to major consumer brands and everyone in between.
Analyze: Tanager combines technical expertise and business perspective to assess markets, analyze supply chains, and pilot new technologies and tools. We test promising business models and shed light on issues critical to market success. We advance research vital to emerging economies. Our analytical approach helps us identify variables early on, which saves time and money in the long run.
Implement: Tanager is a flexible implementing partner with a track record of delivering results in complex, dynamic environments. We drive ambitious initiatives to the finish line with a clear roadmap and the right resources at the right time and place. Our global expertise and on-the-ground presence brings last-mile experience crucial to sustainable market solutions. Clients know they can count on us to keep our word and see things through.
People & Values
It takes bold hearts and resourceful minds to change the world. Our mission attracts high-caliber professionals who are dedicated to the work we do and the way we do it. We take risks, roll up our sleeves, and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We listen, learn, and adapt rapidly, without losing sight of our end goal or the momentum needed to reach it.
We are a networked team that supports each other. We live our mission and exhibit and embrace the following values:
- Make choices using sound thinking, intelligence, and experience.
- Be honest and ethical in everything you do and say.
- Set high standards and learn from your mistakes to continually improve.
- Trust your teammates’ capabilities and intentions.
- Build strong connections with our partners and communities to achieve results.
- Work as a team with everyone at the table and reach out for input as well as advice.
- Measure success, not by the boxes we tick, but by the real difference you make in people’s lives.
- Strive to achieve equilibrium in all you do.
- Exercise perspective and prioritize what is important.
- Align the interests, expectations, and needs of those we work with.
- Balance seriousness with humor and levity, and our work with our personal lives.
- Ask, evaluate, innovate, and apply to deliver the best result for all.
- Be agile, efficient, and adaptable in your relationships, processes, and work.
- Take what we’ve learned and adapt to each new situation.
Tanager brings the right people to the table in India, from smallholder producers to major consumer brands and everyone along the supply chain, to improve the productivity and profitability of Indian farmers and strengthen sustainable supply chains. We combine technical expertise and business perspective to assess markets, analyze supply chains, and pilot new technologies and tools in collaboration with market leaders such as Mars Wrigley Confectionary, Walmart, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the UNDP, and thought leaders such as the Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), NABARD, and the Sustainable Food Lab. We help farmers to increase their incomes through the supply of quality production to higher-value markets. We also solve complex agricultural problems to create value for farmers and other members of the supply chain.
Tanager is seeking talented professionals for the Admin Officer position, for an anticipated project based in Telangana. The Admin Officer will assist Program Manager in coordinating with Tanager (Head Office) HO- various divisions and providing Project Support related to Human Resources (HR), Operations, Procurement and Admin matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Tanager India Head HO, HR division in assisting on the following:
- Provide requisite documentation regarding recruitment for potential CRPs. Liaison with Field extension team to generate leads for CRP recruitment
- Organize interviews with potential candidates as and when required.
- Post interview, liaison with Interview panel to collate and provide interview-related feedback documentation
- Onboarding of new staff- assisting with phone, Laptop etc. as applicable based on eligibility
- Assist Project staff regarding PF (Provident Fund), ESIC (Employee State Insurance Corporation), GMC(Mediclaim). Timesheet management, Keka (attendance software)
- In Local registrations- shops and establishments, etc.
- Work closely with Tanager India HO, Operations division – in assisting on the following:
- Follow up with Project teams for collection of TGER, GER and Fuel Reimbursement and dispatch in timely manner to HO after checking for accuracy.
- Update Payment tracker on daily basis
- Management and record keeping of all assets and records for the project
- Ensure smooth supplies for the Project offices for day-to-day working
- Work closely with Tanager India HO, Procurement Manager – in assisting on the following:
- Coordinate with Program Manager on developing and providing the Procurement Plan each month on rolling 3 months basis
- Timely collection of quotations and updating the vendor list for the Project.
- Track rents due for each of the rented offices and provide timely intimation for payment process to be initiated.
- Assist the Program Manager in managing all the logistics for organizing meetings, important events (IWD, National events, like Independence Day, Republic Day, etc.) at local level.
- Ensure that training centre/satellite office premises are always neat and clean with prompt supply of cleaning materials/equipment, besides supervision of office assistant.
- Participate in other project activities as and when required.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor in any discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in handling administrative matters in an organization; working experience in an international NGO preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good command over English and regional language (Telugu)
- Must have good -interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and adaptive to environment.
- Good team management skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel within the country, as necessary.
- Must be Indian citizen.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 18, 2023. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of the Email. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Tanager is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.