PSFPO Project to Hold Learning Workshop on FPO Sustainability
Stakeholders working with farmer producer organizations (FPO) or in the agricultural supply chain in Odisha are invited to attend a learning workshop, “Sustainable FPO Business Models in Odisha,” on Thursday, 21st September, 09:30 am – 2:00 pm, at Hotel Fortune Sishmo in Bhubaneswar.
Hosted by the Promotion & Stabilization of Farmer Producer Organizations (PSFPO) project, the workshop will feature panel discussions and presentations from the variety of partners involved in strengthening the viability and sustainability of Odisha’s FPO ecosystem. The event will cover the implementation challenges involved in strengthening FPOs, opportunities for farmer income enhancements, key learnings, and the way forward for FPOs. This event is a follow-on to an earlier learning workshop that took place in April.
Among those slated to speak at this latest event are:
- Indian corporation executives, including MART Global and Morli Foods
- Representatives from national financial institutions, such as Nabkisan and NABARD
- Government stakeholders, including the Directorate of Horticulture and ICAR-Central Institute for Women in Agriculture
- Researchers from the Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology
- Leadership from non-governmental organizations, such as Access Development and Gram Vikas
Since 2020, Tanager has supported the development of eight lighthouse FPOs as the lead implementer of the PSFPO project. With the project preparing to close at the end of October, this workshop will provide a road map for stakeholders to continue Tanager’s work in building an inclusive, collaborative FPO ecosystem in Odisha.
To secure an invitation to the workshop, please email email@example.com with your interest.